As you may already know… we are a proud user of PGI Welsh Beef, which is why we are super proud to celebrate this for #NationalButchersWeek!
So, what is PGI Welsh Beef?
PGI status was awarded to Welsh Beef in 2002, with the following objectives…
• To protect the reputation of the regional food product
• Promote rural & agricultural activity
• To ensure traceability
• PGI is a stamp of approval for quality before tasting – As we produce our jerky with our very own hands, we want to ensure that all elements of our product are of the highest quality, including the core ingredient… BEEF!
• Guarantees authenticity & integrity – We want you to enjoy & feel comfortable eating our jerky… as you know where it comes from!
• The taste speaks for itself – The benefits of the natural, Welsh landscape are maximised with tried & tested traditional farming techniques to produce extremely high quality beef!
• Traceability – Allows you guys to recognise the origin & unique qualities of the product!
Well folks, if that hasn’t convinced you, you can read more over at HCC: http://www.hcctrade.co.uk/why-pgi