Enjoy this low-calorie pasta dish – a meal that is sure to impress the whole family, perfect for those cooler Summer nights.
Recipe serves 2 people
250g penne pasta
350g frozen Mediterranean chargrilled vegetables
500g jar tomato ragu sauce
100g fresh bread crumbs
120g grated parmesan cheese
1 sprig flat parsley chopped
40g Trailhead original beef jerky
How to cook
- Add the penna pasta to boiling water, cook following pack instructions.
- Fry the Mediterranean vegetables in the pan for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato ragu sauce to the vegetables & heat.
- Drain the penne pasta, and add to the sauce. Bring to the boil and simmer.
- Chop up the original beef jerky and add to the ragout.
- Mix the grated Parmesan, fresh bread crumbs and chopped parsley together
Place the pasta ragout into a bowl, arrange the Parmesan gratin on top, gently grill for a few minutes.