As the nights get darker and colder, and Winter closes in… a hearty, jerky Chilli is exactly what you need. We recommend our Spicy Chilli flavour with this recipe to add some extra warmth to this family classic.
Recipe serves 2 people
2 x 300g tins mixed beans
1 tsp oil
1 garlic clove
1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 medium sweet potato peeled & diced small
1 medium onion peeled and diced
100g basmati rice
5g dried thyme
50g grated mature cheddar cheese
100g sour cream
Fresh chives to garnish
40g Trailhead Spicy Chilli beef jerky
How to cook
1. Fry the onions and sweet potato in a medium sized pan for 5 minutes.
2. Add the Garlic to the pain, cook for a few more minutes, making sure the garlic doesn’t burn.
3. Add the tomato puree, mixed beans & chopped tomatoes to the onion & garlic. Simmer for 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place the basmati rice and thyme into a pan, cover with water and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Drain off the rice and rinse with boiling water from a kettle.
Place the rice into a bowl then the chilli bean casserole arrange the nachos and sprinkle the cheddar on them, add a spoonful of sour cream, finally place some of the Spicy Chilli jerky garnish with chopped chives.